At Regency Pointe, we know that individuals with dementia have different needs for their senior living communities. For this reason, we prioritize personalized care and a journey of discovery in everything we do. Our nurses, certified nurse assistants, and other trained staff chart courses of exploration for our residents that touch on important aspects of life. In our memory care program, your loved one will be able to rebuild and preserve their lives. You can have peace of mind knowing that your loved one is in the best hands and receiving the best care.
Learn more about our memory care program in Rainbow City, AL and reach out to Regency Pointe at 256.456.0016 today.
What Is the SHINE® Memory Care Program?
Seniors with dementia or Alzheimer’s disease need specialized care. This care should be personalized to their unique situation. In memory care nursing homes, residents receive supervised care, assistance with daily living, and medical monitoring. And in many cases, staff members provide purpose-driven activities to help residents enjoy each day.
At Regency Pointe, our memory care nursing program provides the care your loved one needs. The SHINE® Memory Care program incorporates six individual points of focus to create a holistic plan that ensures each resident’s care program is tailored to their needs and abilities—one that will have the most impact in supporting and enriching their health by providing the opportunity to live their best life, every day.
Our six individual points of focus help define a more comprehensive—and customized—care plan. Available exclusively at Discovery Senior Living communities nationwide, SHINE® is our deeply personalized approach to memory care, which uses scientific principles to promote engagement, comprehension, and lifestyle quality for seniors living with dementia, including Alzheimer’s disease and other memory-related issues.
Our exclusive SHINE® Memory Care program emphasizes:
- Communication – A superior communication protocol closely links care providers, residents, and families
- Team member training – Each SHINE® team member receives extensive, specialized training and certification, making them uniquely qualified to administer exceptional care
- My Story – A handcrafted My Story book is used every day as a component of the care plan, and helps engage residents by celebrating their life and individuality
- Dining – Our dining experience uses subtle sciences to stimulate appetite, interaction, awareness and participation
- Life enhancement – Purpose-driven enrichment through group and one-on-one activities, sensory experiences and quiet and relaxed moments
- Neighborhood design – Created with safety and security, convenience and health and happiness in mind
To learn more about our SHINE® Memory Care program, please contact us today.
The SHINE® Memory Care Program
Independence, Confidence, and Self-Esteem
- Celebrate each small success one at a time
- Encourage active participation in all activities of daily living
- Focus on strengths rather than limitations
- Promote physical exercise, stimulating mental activity, and helping to maintain social and religious contacts
Discover Dining Delights
- Provide nutrient-dense gourmet meals to promote overall good health
- Encourage active participation in dining with assistance provided as needed
- Serve meals in a calm and quiet environment at the same time each day allowing residents to focus on eating
- Prove “Food on the Run” for residents who are no longer able to focus on mealtime or frequently wander
Discover Fun and Engaging Activities
- Provide purpose-driven activities in small groups or on a one-to-one basis
- Gear activities to residents’ present abilities and time of day
- Create activities that are noncompetitive, failure-free, and age-appropriate
- Plan activities that match residents’ attention span
Friendships and Belonging
- Provide active participation and support in personal care activities to maintain a maximum sense of control and independence
- Promote personal care activities because they define how a person is personally perceived by their peers, family, and friends
- Encourage work/productive activities to provide a sense of personal success and worth
- Provide play/leisure activity to promote friendships and pleasure
Contact Regency Pointe Today
Find out why seniors and their loved ones choose Regency Pointe’s memory care program. SHINE® Memory Care is ideal for families who want their loved one to live in a community where they will receive personalized care. A high quality of life is our priority at Regency Pointe.
To learn more about our memory care program, reach out to our team today at 256.456.0016. We can schedule a tour so you can see for yourself why residents love Regency Pointe.
Quality of Life
Our personalized programs instill a sense of accomplishment that boosts self-esteem and promotes independence. Our nurses and care managers are specially trained in memory related diseases with continued on going education to provide your loved one with the highest level of care and dignity. From delicious meals to personalized care, you can rest easy knowing your family members are in the best hands, receiving the best care.
Personalized care for your loved one
- Comfortable Twelve-suite Enclave
- Three Delicious Chef-prepared Meals Served Daily
- Snacks Provided Throughout the Day
- Care Managers On-site 24-Hours a Day
- Nursing Personnel Oversees Medications and RN Consultant
- Assistance with Bathing, Dressing and Grooming
- Weekly Housekeeping and Personal Laundry Services
- Daily, Stimulating Activities
- All Utilities Included (Except Phone)